VPLA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW MEMBERS - POST HERE FIRST

+15
TheChief
Tex
Fritz
AlexD
MindAsh
Kenz1010
SeekerOfKnowledge
Jim78
VITO88
Soldier68
majer
jmintuck1912
Landsend
CanSol
Zervan
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

NEW MEMBERS - POST HERE FIRST - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW MEMBERS - POST HERE FIRST

Post by Landsend Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:57 pm

Jim,

Yes -- this place is not only for Nam PL veterans but veterans of all wars, past and present. I'd actually like to expand in that direction. Nam PL veterans are hard to come by. In the future I may actually rebrand the forum in that way and place it on my own server (if God graces me with some money -- ya listening God?). I created it as a space for Nam veterans purely because I was seeing loads pop up on the Other Forums, and thought folks would want to band together, but it seems loads of them have run off from the Nam for now. If we went in the PTSD/PL direction I'd be interested in hearing your ideas. We could have sub-categories for various conflicts.

Sorry to hear you having a hard time, I know how it is Jim, I've spent the last Christmas's in a similar state. This year I was not too bad, but mostly because I've come out to my family about all aspects of me, including my PTSD -- that seems to have helped me since I no longer feel I have to conform to folk's expectations. But once I get triggered I can be down and out for weeks on end in some deep blues. Doesn't matter if it's Christmas or whatever -- I couldn't go out and enjoy my daughter's first birthday trip to the zoo since I was under a bad episode at that time. Sucks, doesn't it?
Landsend
Landsend
Admin

https://vpla.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Landsend Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:19 pm

That's trauma for you... hopefully we'll both reach a place where we can be more functional. I notice it comes in waves, can be 'functional' to a degree for a while, then WHAM BAM (not so Thankyou) MAM, am down and out, can barely leave the house. My driving instructor didn't realise I suffer with PTSD and decided to show me a video of a kid being knocked over in the middle of a lesson. Had to get very stern with him afterward and confess my PTSD to him since I'm determined to get my license. I bloody well need it, and want it, one of my goals is to get my license. He's said I need to tell the DVLA I have PTSD but have checked that out and actually only need to tell them if the Doc says I need to. I'm putting myself these small goals just to get by in life and take my focus off all the negatives.

Jumping at things is a sign you have an over reactive startle reflex, great for War Times, not so great for every day Civvie life. I get that way too when I'm in the thick of it. I also have over reactive adrenalin responses and can get angry at the drop of an hat if something triggers it.
Landsend
Landsend
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Landsend Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:38 pm

Jim,

If you want to start your own thread in the discussions section, you're free to do so -- it's private so anyone who is not approved by me will not be able to view it. Just getting it off your chest in a safe place can help, even if you delete it afterwards. No one is gonna judge you here.

I understand what you are saying with the drink. I've had a rocky relation throughout my existences w/ the drink. I fear the drink like the devil. Like any recovering alcoholic I avoid it like the plague if I can, and only very seldom drink for pleasure.

You cope with it how you can, and using the drink as a crutch is a symptom of how bad it is. I find it hard to manage my anger w/ drink so try not to touch it. My grandad was a raving drunk and an angry one at that. It runs in my family history too, so.... you can't escape your demons.
Landsend
Landsend
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenz1010 Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:31 pm

Hey,

Have no clue if I got this to work.. let me know if you’ve even recieved this. Don’t really know how to work this site.
Kenz1010
Kenz1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenz1010 Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:59 pm

After reading, it seems I should give some introduction.
CanSol invited me.
I’m 16 years old, female in this life. This Past Life Business was all triggered by a museum visit, wasn’t expecting the emotions that came forth, and to make it short, things have sort of gone downhill from there.
Have a past during ww2 (This is the life that’s most ‘dominant’ so to speak, but have recalled 2 others; both male, both military), was an American Paratrooper in that life, 82nd Airborne Div. It only took one memory to tick me off the edge, and now have flashbacks frequently, some triggered, some not triggered. CanSol has helped me a hell of a lot with information and just about everything, has helped verify that I’m not completely insane basically (though, I do think I’m on the verge of some mental illness. Kidding but also not kidding). Ww2 is the life that’s strong, the pain never goes away. It’s carried over even when it’s been decades, which is something I’m sure you all understand. If death, bloodshed and gore doesn’t change you and your soul, I don’t know what will. If war doesn’t change your soul, I also don’t know what will.
Most all of my memories are of combat, constant killing, which has brought on some terrible guilt. Most memories take place in the woods/ countryside, others in towns. Also have memories of some family life, and some camaraderie, but it seems my brain just loves to dig up the dirty business, so the pleasent memories are few and far between. Part of me has become numb, don’t feel things at all at times, which is something weird to admit. Won’t describe/ explain what I’ve seen, done and experienced right now, as this specific ‘area’ on this forum isn’t the right place.

Glad there’s a place like this, so others and I feel less alone, and can share the more gruesome things without being too cautious.

Anyway, I’ll leave it at that, so I don’t end up writing some book.
Kenz1010
Kenz1010

Back to top Go down

Post by CanSol Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:47 am

Welcome Landsend will be around soon to give you full access to the site
CanSol
CanSol
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Landsend Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:39 am

Welcome Kenz glad you could join us. Hope you find some solace here. The forums are private and mature so you are free to post here. I’ll add you to the main forums +1
Landsend
Landsend
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekerOfKnowledge Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:47 am

Welcome, Kenz.
SeekerOfKnowledge
SeekerOfKnowledge

Back to top Go down

NEW MEMBERS - POST HERE FIRST - Page 3 Empty Greetings and salutations

Post by MindAsh Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:23 am

Hi my name is Geo i am 37 years old and following a radical treatment for opioid addiction issues that also happens to be a potent long acting psychedelic that is known for allowing detailed viewing of past life memories known as Iboga which is a shrub that grows in Gabon Africa (which was very sucessful i should add!) there have been a vast ammount of memories unlocked in said regard but the only one that stands out currently in traumatic detail is a multitude of memories from being a soldier in the vietnam war. i honestly dont know where to begin but i have flashes of sitting around with very familiar looking friends on a firebase playing cards smoking marlboro's and drinking budweiser, others include time before the war in suburban america during the 50's and being arrested as a person in my late teens and given the option of jailtime or enlistment and the memory of my demise of coming under heavy fire while out on patrol watching my friends drop one after another, one running away never to be seen again and taking a bullet in the neck in an attempt to save one of my closest comrades who himself has some surfacing memories of what followed with him being taken prisoner and taken to a jungle pow camp where he eventually died as well. this is just a quick overview but i hope to figure out what this is all coming to me for now. i have a strong love for music up until about 1970 and a deep hatred for the country of Laos without any reason, i have never been interested in any other war and feel quite averse to them tho i have had some fuzzy flashes from ww2 and also from ancient india being a member of a hindu temple that underwent a terrible slaughter as well as one from biblical times involving crucifixtion which i seem to still be feeling to this day on a physical level with firghtening accuracy. i look forward to further engaging with you all. i should also add i was born with a bullethole sized birthmark on the right side of my neck that i feel ties into this directly. thank you for the invite and hope to communicate very soon. should anyone wish to touch base with me more quickly you can easily find me on facebook under the name "Geo Coggins" currently i live in scranton pa and was born in carbondale pa but grew up in old forge and feel a HEAVY tie to this valley area. thank you again for helping me to find this forum as i feel there are no real coincidences in these lives of ours :-)

MindAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by CanSol Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:51 am

Welcome Geo, you're in the right place
I don't really believe in coincidences either and that some things happen for a reason

We (Landsend and we) now have a secret FB group (just like this forum basically unfindable and invite only) so if anyone is interested in joining let one of us know, it's for keeping touch on a bit more social level and when there's something it can be quicker for anyone to reach out
CanSol
CanSol
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekerOfKnowledge Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:32 am

A warm welcome to you, Geo.
SeekerOfKnowledge
SeekerOfKnowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by Landsend Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:47 am

Welcome home brother! Very glad to have you join us. I’ll add you to the main forums. 

As CanSol said we are setting up a secret FB page too. You are welcome to join. 

- Landsend
Landsend
Landsend
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenz1010 Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Welcome Geo!
Kenz1010
Kenz1010

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAsh Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:52 pm

CanSol wrote:Welcome Geo, you're in the right place
I don't really believe in coincidences either and that some things happen for a reason

We (Landsend and we) now have a secret FB group (just like this forum basically unfindable and invite only) so if anyone is interested in joining let one of us know, it's for keeping touch on a bit more social level and when there's something it can be quicker for anyone to reach out

much appreciated everyone and please do add me to the group. im pretty versed in forums over the years but it does tend to help in regards to sporatic things that may pop up but be quickly lost so im deffinitely interested and thank you again i look forward to where things seem to be going

MindAsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Landsend Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:48 am

Welcome back. Hope to see you around more.

Landsend.

Landsend
Landsend
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Landsend Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:59 am

I often forget I've messages on there, Soldier. Am around there sporadically. I'm busy and often don't have time to devote to it.
Landsend
Landsend
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CanSol Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:08 am

Am not around there much anymore either, the current atmosphere, to say it mildly, isn't all that great
We're working on expanding here yet keep it a safe place for everyone with the foundation that this was started on respect, no judgement and support, just what the other forum seems to lack these days
CanSol
CanSol
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Landsend Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 am

Agreed.
Landsend
Landsend
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Landsend Wed May 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Everyone welcome Alex - Alex you should be able to access the main forums now. Cheers.
Landsend
Landsend
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexD Thu May 02, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi everyone and thank you for inviting me to the forum.
I'm 26 years old and I type from Italy. I've believed in reincarnation since I was 15-16, but I started getting actual memories only in my twenties. I currently remember four past lives of mine. I don't remember having been a soldier in any of those, but in my two recent past lives I was involved in the anti-communist resistance in Romania and I was a victim of the Romanian Revolution in my last life. My two recent aliases were Alexandru (1923-1958) and a guy whose name I remember being Bogdan (supposedly died around Christmas 1989). I mostly remember my days in prison as Alexandru, my town and my death as Bogdan. I've put most of these things aside since they first emerged (been a few years), but I'll be glad to share more in the future in other threads.

AlexD
AlexD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum